Visa on Arrival Requirements
FOR PERSONS TRAVELLING FROM COUNTRIES WHOSE PASSPORT HOLDERS REQUIRE A VISA TO ENTER GUYANA AND WHO MAY BE UNABLE TO APPLY AT ANY OF GUYANA’S MISSIONS OR CONSULATES, VISAS WILL BE ISSUED ON ARRIVAL.
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR VISAS ON ARRIVAL ARE:
The following documents should be presented to Immigration at Port of Entry:
- Two (2) completed application form;
- Two (2) Passport-sized Photos;
- Passport (at least 6 months of remaining validity);
- Travel Itinerary;
- Proof of accommodation in Guyana (e.g. confirmation of reservation from a hotel);
- Proof of financial means of support during your stay in Guyana (e.g. Bank Statement);
- Invitation letter from host person/company (if applicable);
- Processing fee USD $25 or Guyana dollars $ 5,125.
Applications will be rejected if the above criteria are not fulfilled;
A maximum of two (2) Extensions of Stay will be granted. Each Extension of Stay will be for a period of one (I) month and will cost USD $25.
All required information must be submitted prior to arrival and must be approved prior to arrival. It is based on submission of the following:
- An application must be made by the employer to the Immigration Support Services, Ministry of Home Affairs on this form.
- A letter addressed to the Head, Immigration Support Services, Ministry of Home Affairs, requesting an
Employment Visa (Extension of Stay/Work Permit) for person. The letter must include a brief description of the activities of the business and its history.
- Name, address, telephone number and/or e-mail address of sponsor/employer;
- Passport biodata page of manager/principal of business applying for visa;
- Copy of Income Tax Liability Statement and NIS Compliance Return;
- Copy of certificate of registration or incorporation;
- Name, address and professional details of employee/person coming to work in Guyana;
- Copy of employee's passport biodata page and travel history with copy of entry stamps;
- Police clearance, medical report and contract with employee;
- Approval of Visa and work permit will be issued to;
- Visa on Arrival and Work Permit will be issued at port of entry;
- Visas will be granted for a three (3) year period and can be renewed;
- The estimated processing time is one (1) month;
- Processing fee of US$140.00 or $28,700 Guyana dollars for employment. Each renewal cost US$140.00 or $ 28,700 Guyana dollars. Payable in cash or manager's cheque; and
- The application will be rejected if the above criteria are not fulfilled and the employer so notified, as well as Immigration.
A Student Visa is issued to persons desirous of studying at any Educational Institution in Guyana. The following information should be submitted to Immigration Support Services, Ministry of Home Affairs, prior to arrival of the student:
- A completed application form.
- A letter from the registered/accredited institution addressed to the Head, Immigration Support Services, Ministry of Home Affairs requesting student visa.
- Name and address, telephone, fax numbers, e-mail address of the registered/accredited institution where studies will be done;
- A copy of student's passport biodata page and travel history accompanied by entry stamps;
- A copy of the acceptance letter from the competent authority of the registered/accredited institution which is to be provided directly by the school;
- Address and phone number of the student’s intended place of stay;
- Evidence of financial support;
- Medical Report and Police Clearance, if over 18 years old;
- Processing fee of USD $ 140 or $28,700 Guyana dollars;
- Student and the Institution will be notified of approval and Visa issued at Port of Entry;
- Applications will be rejected if the above criteria are not fulfilled, and the authorities of the registered/accredited institution will be notified;
- Visas will be granted for a three (3) year period and can be renewed; and
- The processing time is approximately one (1) month.
A Business Visa is issued to persons who are travelling to Guyana to establish a business, attend Meetings or train local staff to use machineries purchased from Foreign Countries. Overseas Missionaries desirous of engaging in voluntary services in Guyana can also be issued with a Business Visa.
- A completed application form.
- Name of Company, name of representative, nature of business and address of business contact (s) in Guyana are to be provided to Immigration Support Services, Ministry of Home Affairs, before travelling to Guyana;
- Address and telephone number of intended place of stay, while in Guyana
- Name of Company and name of representative are to be provided;
- Contact information of the sponsor/mentor to be provided to Immigration Support Services;
- Contact information about place of stay is to be provided;
- Evidence from home country of business credentials is to be provided;
- Applications will be rejected if the above conditions are not fulfilled.
- Visas will be granted for a five (5) year period;
- Processing fee of US$140.00. For Five (5) years in the first instance and an additional US$140.00 will be charged for each five (5) year renewal.
- Processing time is approximately one (1) month.
119total visits,3visits today